supervision, performs a variety of routine library tasks.
The following tasks
are essential for this position. Incumbents in this classification may
not perform all of these tasks, or may perform similar related tasks not
1. Retrieve and check out library
materials for the public; check in materials and prepare them for return
2. Renew materials by phone and call patrons regarding materials on
3. Return library materials to shelves in alphanumerical order.
4. Retrieve materials from book returns.
5. Maintain public area in neat and orderly condition.
6. Process and prepare books, periodicals, and newspapers for
introduction into the collection.
7. Conduct shelf searches for materials designated as lost and/or
8. Answer telephone and route calls to appropriate destination.
9. Collect overdue fines and fees.
10. Register new patrons.
11. Perform related work as assigned.
Skill and Ability to:
Lift books and
push heavy book trucks.
Work with the
Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
High School enrollment, diploma, or equivalent; no experience is
required; however, applicants must demonstrate maturity and the
knowledge and abilities required for the position.
Requirements and Working Conditions:
(which may be corrected) to read small print.
mobility to stand, stoop, reach and bend.
of arms to reach and dexterity of hands to grasp and manipulate
ability to stand for long periods.
environment; work closely with the public; work with computer and
May be required to
work evenings or weekends.
ability to lift, push, and/or pull items which do not exceed 25
Candidates must complete a City of
Calabasas application, and may also include any other materials, such as
a resume or transcripts. Position is open until filled.
Applications are available on the City’s website at
www.cityofcalabasas.com or by calling
818-224-1600. Faxed or emailed applications and/or resumes are not
City of Calabasas
Human Resources Division
100 Civic Center Way
Calabasas, CA 91302
The Human Resources Department may also be reached via