Under the supervision of the Assistant Aquatics
Coordinator, assists in the management and supervision of the general
operation of the aquatics facility, while performing the
responsibilities of a lifeguard.
Essential Job Duties:
The following tasks are essential for this position.
Incumbents in this classification may not perform all of these tasks,
or may perform similar related tasks not listed here.
- Assists in supervision and scheduling of
- Assists in facility reservation procedures.
- Conducts daily briefing sessions with
- Assists in conducting and participating in
various training sessions.
- Maintains rescue equipment.
- Communicates with swim school and other aquatic
- Administers First Aid, CPR or rescuing swimmers
- Enforces rules and regulations of facility.
- Oversees the maintenance of pool, including
chemical balance, flow/filtration, heater/solar, etc.
- Guards on deck, as needed.
- Performs other related duties, as
Minimum Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
Skill and Ability to:
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Perform physical water test indicating competence
of rescuing skills.
- Stay alert and attentive and assert good judgment
- Remain patient and understanding in dealing with
patrons of all ages.
- Maintain open lines of communication.
Training and Experience:
Three years of pervious aquatics experience is
Licenses and Certificates:
Possession of, or ability to obtain, American Red
Cross certificates in First Aid, CPR for the Professional Rescuer, and
Lifeguarding is required. WSI/LGI desirable.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Required ability to stand, stoop, reach and bend.
- Requires mobility of arms to reach and dexterity
of hands to grasp and manipulate.
- Requires ability to stand for long periods of
- Requires ability to lift, push or pull.
- May require water rescues, with First Aid and /or
- Subject to inside and outside environmental
- May be required to use personal vehicle in the
course of City employment.
- May be required to work mornings, afternoons, evenings and/or weekends.
Fun, Flexible schedule, great environment, what more could you ask for in a job? Must have current CPR, 1st Aid and Lifeguarding
Certifications. Call 222-2782 if interested