CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING - WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 2, 2005
CITY HALL COUNCIL CHAMBERS
26135 MUREAU ROAD, CALABASAS
CLOSED SESSION - 7:00 P.M.
The City Council will convene and adjourn into closed session to
confer with legal counsel regarding a personnel matter,
pursuant to Government Code Section 54957: PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE
EVALUATION - Title: City Manager.
OPENING MATTERS - 7:30 P.M.
Call to Order/Roll Call of Councilmembers
Pledge of Allegiance
Report of Closed Session Action
Approval of Agenda
- Calabasas Study Buddy Program
- Designees for the Wall of Honor:
- Barry Groveman
- Robert Friedman
- Fred Gaines
- Kathy Hill
- Gene Johnson
- Gary Klein
- Judy Lopata
- Charlotte Meyer
- Mark Shear
- Ward Wardman
- Zev Yaroslavsky
ORAL COMMUNICATIONS - PUBLIC COMMENT
- Approval of the minutes for the November 13, 2004 City Council
of November 13, 2004
- Approval of the minutes for the November 17, 2004 City Council
of November 17, 2004
- Approval of the minutes for the December 1, 2004 City Council
Minutes of December 1, 2004
- Adoption of Ordinance No. 2005-199, approving the Zone Change
No. 04-02 to correct an error in the official zoning map by changing
the zoning from Open Space-Development Restricted (OS-DR) to Open
Space (OS), for an undeveloped parcel identified with the APN
2080-013-007, located at the southern terminus of Adamsville Avenue.
Item 4 - Staff Report
Attachment A - Ordinance No. 2005-199
- Appeal of Planning Commission decision approving Resolution No.
04-311 to approve Conditional Use Permit No. 04-10 and Sign Permit
No. 04-07, a request to approve a sign program for a new gas station
at 4831 Las Virgenes Road (Applicant - Ventoro Properties, Inc.).
Item 5 - Staff Report
A: Letter from applicant, dated September 20, 2004
B: Planning Commission Resolution No. 04-311
C: Minutes for Planning Commission, August 12, 2004
D: Minutes for Planning Commission, September 9, 2004
E: Staff Report for August 12, 2004 Planning Commission
F: Approved site plan and building elevations
G: Naftx Sign Program Proposal (as originally submitted)
H: Sign Program as approved by the Planning Commission
- Recommendation to approve a funding request in the amount of
$32,000 from Coach Bret Saberhagen and the Calabasas High School
Baseball Team to purchase and install an electronic scoreboard at
Calabasas High School.
Item 6 - Staff Report
Attachment A: Funding Request
Attachment B: Scoreboard Specifications
Attachment C: Scoreboard Example
Attachment D: Scoreboard Invoice
- Recommendation to install a raised crosswalk on Liberty Bell
Road at the main entrance of Chaparral Elementary School.
Item 7 - Staff Report
Exhibit 1 - Letter from City to residents requesting to meet
Exhibit 2 - Letter from the Nowlins opposing the proposed raised
Exhibit 3 - Standard Raised Crosswalk Plan
- Introduction of Ordinance No. 2005-200, amending Title 3 of the
City of Calabasas Municipal Code regarding the Transient Occupancy
Tax. Motion to waive further reading.
Item 8 - Staff Report
Attachment - Ordinance No. 2005-200
- Introduction of Ordinance No. 2005-201, amending the City of
Calabasas Municipal Code by making non-substantive changes to Title
1, 2, and 5. Motion to waive further reading.
Item 9 - Staff Report
Attachment - Ordinance No. 2005-201
- Report regarding funding and direction of the Education Fund.
Item 10 - Staff Report
- Report regarding a request for funding from Indian Hills High
Item 11 - Staff Report
Attachment - Funding Request
- Status report regarding the Rental Registration Program.
Item 12 - Staff Report
Ordinance No. 2004-191
Ordinance No. 2004-193
Resolution No. 2004-885
- February 2005 Check Register.
TASK FORCE REPORTS
CITY MANAGER’S REPORT
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
Future Agenda Items
The City Council will immediately adjourn to a workshop meeting to
discuss the following:
- Presentation of the Civic Center Task Force’s recommendation
regarding the Interim Design Development for the Civic Center