CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING -
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 18, 2004
CITY HALL COUNCIL CHAMBERS
26135 MUREAU ROAD, CALABASAS
4397 PARK VICENTE
CALABASAS, CA 91302
CLOSED SESSION - 7:00 P.M.
The City Council will convene and adjourn into closed session to
confer with legal counsel regarding:
- Real property negotiations, pursuant to Government Code,
Negotiating parties: City of Calabasas and New Millennium
Instruction: Discussion regarding property within NMH
Identity of property: Tract No. 35596-09, Lot No. 11.
- Pending litigation, pursuant to Government Code Section
54946.9(a), Atkinson-Barr v. City of Calabasas.
- Potential litigation, pursuant to Government Code Section
54956.9(b)(3)(A), facts and circumstances that might result in
litigation but which the City of Calabasas believes are not yet
known to the potential plaintiff or plaintiffs.
OPENING MATTERS - 7:30 P.M.
Call to Order/Roll Call of Councilmembers
Pledge of Allegiance
Report of Closed Session Action
Approval of Agenda
ORAL COMMUNICATIONS - PUBLIC COMMENT
- Recommendation to accept completion of the Las Virgenes
Northbound Off-Ramp Widening Project by Nye Nelson, Inc.,
Specification No. 02-03-02; and to direct the City Clerk to file the
Notice of Completion.
Item 1 - Staff Report
Attachment 1 - Notice of Completion
- Adoption of Ordinance No. 2004-194, amending the Calabasas
Municipal Code, Title 2, Administration and Personnel, by modifying
certain provisions of Chapters 2.32, 2.36, 2.37, 2.38, 2.39, 2.41,
2.42, and 2.43 relating to frequency of Commission meetings.
Item 2 - Staff Report
Attachment 1 - Ordinance No. 2004-194
- Adoption of Ordinance No. 2004-193, amending Ordinance 2004-191,
Cityís rental housing registration program.
Item 3 - Staff Report
Attachment 1 - Ordinance No. 2004-193
- Approval of an amended Professional Services Agreement with
Colantuono & Levin, PC to provide City Attorney services on a fixed
Item 4 - Staff Report
Attachment 1 - Amended Professional Services Agreement
Attachment 2 - Redlined Professional Services Agreement
- Recommendation to approve a Professional Services Agreement with
C.M. de Crinis & Co., Inc. to perform financial consulting services
regarding the sale of bonds or the structuring of alternative
methods for financing City projects.
Item 5 - Staff Report
Attachment - Professional Services Agreement
- Adoption of Resolution No. 2004-895 authorizing staff to apply
for a $135,000 grant from the Land and Water Conservation Fund for
the Henry Ridge-Calabasas Interpretive Trail Development at
Headwaters Corner and rescinding Resolution No. 2004-869.
Item 6 - Staff Report
Attachment 1 - Resolution No. 2004-895
Attachment 2 - April 7, 2004 Staff Report to City Council
Resolution No. 2004-869
- Recommendation to extend Charterís Mulwood and Lost Hills Cable
Franchises from September 1, 2004 to October 1, 2004.
Item 7 - Staff Report
- Review and approval of Civic Center Task Force recommendation
for the Civic Center and Library interim schematic designs.
Item 8 - Staff Report
- Adoption of a Resolution to initiate legal proceedings to vacate
Willow Glen Street and Oak Glen Street for the purpose of
privatizing the Stonecreek community along Las Virgenes Road.; and
adoption of a Resolution approving Conditional Use Permit No. 01-14
and adopting a Mitigated Negative Declaration for the construction
of walls and gates within the Las Virgenes Road Scenic Corridor.
Continued to the September 8, 2004 City Council meeting.
Item 9 - Staff Report
- Request for appropriations of fiscal year 2003/2004 Citizens'
Option for Public Safety (COPS) funds allocated for law enforcement
services in the City of Calabasas.
Item 10 - Staff Report
Attachment 1 - Sheriffs Correspondence
Attachment 2 - Public Safety Commission Approval Letter
- Approval of a Purchase and Sale Agreement with the California
Joint Powers Insurance Authority for 23902 and 23903 Linden Terrace.
Item 11 - Staff Report
Attachment 1 - Purchase & Sale Agreement
Assignment and Assumption Agreement
Cooperation Agreement Amendment
- Recommendation to approve the recordation of final maps and
acceptance of offers of public dedication for Tract No. 35596,
Phases 16 thru 24 of the New Millennium Homes One, Inc.
Item 12 - Staff Report
Sheet & Street Name List
Subdivision Water Improvement Agreement
- Approval of a Professional Services Agreement with Public
Resource Management Group to prepare and provide a citywide full
cost analysis and department-specific fee study and recommendation.
Item 13 - Staff Report
Attachment 1 - Public Resource Management Group Proposal
- Review of Community Development Department Workplan for Fiscal
Item 14 - Staff Report
Attachment A - Planning Workload Analysis
Attachment B - Building & Safety Workload Analysis
Attachment C - Long Range Project Descriptions
Attachment D - Anticipated Project Delivery Schedule
- August 2004 Check Register.
TASK FORCE REPORTS
CITY MANAGERíS REPORT
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
Future Agenda Items
The City Council will adjourn the meeting to Wednesday, August 25,
2004 at 7:30 p.m.
The City Council will meet on the following dates:
August 25, 2004 (joint meeting with Planning Commission)
September 8, 2004
September 22, 2004