CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
ADJOURNED MEETING -
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 23, 2004
CITY HALL COUNCIL CHAMBERS
26135 MUREAU ROAD, CALABASAS
4397 PARK VICENTE
CALABASAS, CA 91302
CLOSED SESSION - 7:00
The City Council will convene and adjourn into closed session to
confer with legal counsel regarding the following:
, pursuant to Government Code,
- Real property negotiations
Negotiating parties: City of Calabasas and New Millennium Homes
Instruction: Discussion regarding property within NMH
Identity of property: Tract No. 35596-09, Lot No. 11.
Personnel matter, pursuant to Government Code Section 54957:
PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION - Title: Chief Financial
OPENING MATTERS - 7:30 P.M.
Call to Order/Roll Call of Councilmembers
Pledge of Allegiance
Report of Closed Session Action
Approval of Agenda
ORAL COMMUNICATIONS - PUBLIC COMMENT
- Approval of the minutes for the April 21, 2004 City Council
- Recommendation from the Traffic and Transportation Commission to
adopt Resolution No. 2004-882, designating an area along portions of
Declaration Avenue, Liberty Bell Road and Brandywine Drive as a
Preferential Parking District.
Item 2 - Staff Report
1 - Calabasas Municipal Code Section 10.08
2 - Sample Survey
3 - Proposed Area for Preferential Parking District
4 - Resolution No. 2004-882
5 - Community Petition from Ron and Phillis Cytron
- Recommendation to accept completion of the Urban Forestry Plan
Street Tree Planting for Saratoga Hills and Saratoga Ranch by Great
Scott Tree Service, Specification No. 02-03-04; and direct the City
Clerk to file the Notice of Completion.
Item 3 - Staff Report
Notice of Completion
- Recommendation to approve a Change Order for Horizon General
Contractors, Inc., for Phase III of the design-build agreement for
23902 and 23903 Linden Terrace, in the amount of $410,381.44.
Item 4 - Staff Report
- Adoption of Ordinance No. 2004-191, establishing a rental
registration program in the City requiring the registration of
Item 5 - Staff Report
- Adoption of Resolution No. 2004-886, rescinding Resolution
2002-811 and approving a salary schedule for hourly employees.
Item 6 - Staff Report
- Adoption of Resolution No. 2004-887, rescinding Resolution
2002-811 and approving a salary schedule for permanent employees.
Item 7 - Staff Report
- Recommendation to extend Charterís Mulwood and Lost Hills Cable
Franchises from July 1, 2004 to August 1, 2004.
Item 8 - Staff Report
- Adoption of Resolution No. 2004-883, adopting the Operating and
Capital Improvement Budget from July 1, 2004 through June 30, 2006,
providing for the appropriations and expenditures for all sums set
forth in said budget and repealing all resolutions in conflict
herewith; and Adoption of Resolution No. 2004-884, establishing the
appropriations limit for fiscal year 2004-2005.
Item 9 - Staff Report
- Adoption of Resolution No. 2004-885, establishing a fee schedule
for the Rental Registration Program.
Item 10 - Staff Report
Draft Rental Registration Form
Draft Rent Increase Form
- Adoption of Resolution No. 2004-877, rescinding Resolution No.
2000-630, the Cityís Government Access programming policy.
Item 11 - Staff Report
Resolution No. 2004-877
Resolution No. 2000-630
Policies for Government Access Programming, Red-Lined with Changes
- "Public Meeting" to allow public comment concerning the proposed
reformation of Landscape Maintenance Districts 22, 24, 27 and 32.
- Approval of a Grant Services Agreement with Mountains
Restoration Trust (MRT) for the design and construction of Juan
Bautista De Anza/El Camino Real Trail.
Item 13 - Staff Report
Attachment A - Grant Services Agreement
Attachment B - De Anza Trail Map
- Approval of a Settlement Agreement and Release with Pazar,
Calabasas Promenade and Shea Homes; and authorize the Mayor to
execute the agreement.
Item 14 - Staff Report
- Review modifications to Ordinance No. 98-134, regulating the
collection, transportation, and disposal of municipal solid waste;
and the collection and recycling of specified recyclable materials.
Item 15 - Staff Report
Ordinance No. 98-134 (redlined)
Performance Ranking Matrix
Sample Diversion Incentive Fees
- Update regarding the conceptual design for the Las Virgenes
Creek Restoration project.
Item 16 - Staff Report
- June 2004 Check Register.
TASK FORCE REPORTS
CITY MANAGERíS REPORT
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
Future Agenda Items
The City Council will adjourn in memory of James Caraccioli, Bernie
Evans, Maureen Foley, and William M. Kramer.