CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING - WEDNESDAY, MAY 5, 2004
CITY HALL COUNCIL CHAMBERS
26135 MUREAU ROAD, CALABASAS
Call to Order/Roll Call of Councilmembers
pledge of Allegiance
Approval of Agenda
- Presentation of books to the Calabasas Library from Las Virgenes
Municipal Water District
ORAL COMMUNICATIONS - PUBLIC COMMENT
Approval of the minutes for the March 10, 2004 City Council
- Approval of the minutes for the March 10, 2004 City Council
of March 10, 2004 City Council Meeting
- Approval of the minutes for the March 17, 2004 City Council
of March 17, 2004 City Council Meeting
- Adoption of Resolution No. 2004-874, amending Resolution No.
2003-811, by adjusting the salary range and changing the title of
the position of Planning Manager to City Planner.
Item 3 - Staff Report
Attachment - Resolution No. 2004-874
- Recommendation from the Communications and Technology Commission
to approve a Professional Services Agreement with Granicus Inc., for
web archiving services, in the amount of $33,886.
Item 4 - Staff Report
Attachment - Request for Proposals
Attachment - Granicus Proposal
- Recommendation to accept completion of the Tennis Court Lighting
Fixture Installation Project at the Calabasas Tennis and Swim
Center, Specification No. 03-04-05, by Innovative Electric; and
direct the City Clerk to file the notice of completion.
Item 5 - Staff Report
Attachment - Notice of Completion
- Recommendation to award a Professional Services Agreement to
Moss, Levy & Hartzheim for City Auditor services, Fiscal Years
2003-04, 2004-05, and 2005-06.
Item 6 - Staff Report
Attachment - Proposal
- Recommendation to approve a ground lease with Calabasas
Motorcars, Inc. for a portion (20,036 square feet) of City owned
property (Directors Deed 65-01-01) located north of, and abutting,
the existing Calabasas Motorcars facility at 24181 Calabasas Road,
in the amount of $5,000 per month.
Item 7 - Staff Report
Attachment - Calabasas Motorcars Ground Lease
- Adoption of Resolution No. 2004-875, supporting Californiaís law
to reduce greenhouse gas pollution.
Item 8 - Staff Report
Attachment - Resolution No. 2004-875
Attachment - Letter from Denny Zane
- Recommendation to award a contract to James Medlen for Malibu
Creek Watershed Monitoring Coordinating Services, in the amount not
to exceed $124,800.
Item 9 - Staff Report
Attachment - Professional Services Agreement
Attachment - Scope of Work
- Recommendation to award a construction contract to Security
Paving Company, in the amount of $598,545 for the Annual Rubberized
Overlay Spring 2004, Project Specification No. 02-03-06; and to
authorize the Mayor to execute a contract with Willdan for the
inspection of this project.
Item 10 - Staff Report
Attachment - Wildan Proposal
- Recommendation to appropriate $125,000 from Fund 16 into Account
No. 40-319-6502-54 for sidewalk and landscaping improvements on
Mulholland Highway, in the vicinity of A.C. Stelle Middle School;
and to authorize a payment to the Las Virgenes Unified School
District for the sidewalk construction, in the amount of $66,287.
Item 11 - Staff Report
- Recommendation from the Traffic and Transportation Commission to
authorize the acquisition of two 30-passenger buses through State
Contract 1-03-23-16 using 83% FTA Grant funds and 17% Proposition C
funds; and to appropriate $300,000 from Capital Improvement Account
No. 40-339-6502-57 for the acquisition.
Item 12 - Staff Report
Attachment - El Dorado National Aero Elite 320 Photo with Features
Attachment - Recommended Options with Pricing
Attachment - State Contract No. 1-03-23-16
Attachment - Calabasas Municipal Code 3.40.110 - Bidding Exemption
- Recommendation to authorize the acquisition of a hybrid Honda
Civic City vehicle through State Contract 1-04-23-10 using AQMD
AB2766 subvention funds; and to appropriate $23,000 from the AQMD
Account No. 12-331-6500-00 for the purchase.
Item 13 - Staff Report
Attachment - California State Contract No. 1-04-23-10
Attachment - Calabasas Bid Exemption-Section 3.40.110 of the
Attachment - State Contract Use Fee-Department of General Services
- Adoption of Resolution No. 2004-876, ordering the vacation of
Balcony Drive, Craft Court, Drums Court, Camay Court, and portions
of Freedom Drive and Parched Drive Southeast of Mulholland Highway
in the City of Calabasas; and adoption of Resolution No. 2004-871,
approving Conditional Use Permit No. 03-11, denying Variance No.
03-06, and adopting a Mitigated Negative Declaration for the
construction of walls and gates within the Mulholland Scenic
Item 14 - Staff Report
Attachment - Resolution No. 2004-876
Attachment - Resolution No. 2004-871
Attachment - Resolution No. 95-348
Attachment - Memorandum prepared by Public Works
- Authorization to send out a Request for Proposals for Public
Item 15 - Staff Report
- Report regarding the Landscape Maintenance Districts
Item 16 - Staff Report
- May 2004 Check Register.
TASK FORCE REPORTS
CITY MANAGERíS REPORT
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
The City Council will convene and adjourn into closed session to
confer with legal counsel regarding:
, pursuant to Government Code,
- Real property negotiations
Negotiating parties: City of Calabasas and New Millennium Homes
Instruction: Discussion regarding property within NMH
Identity of property: Tract No. 35596-09, Lot No. 11.
The City Council will adjourn the meeting to May 26, 2004, 7:00
p.m. and in memory of Thuy Mai.