CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
SPECIAL MEETING - WEDNESDAY, APRIL 21, 2004
CITY HALL COUNCIL CHAMBERS
26135 MUREAU ROAD, CALABASAS
4397 PARK VICENTE
CALABASAS, CA 91302
OPENING MATTERS - 7:00 P.M.
Call to Order/Roll Call of Councilmembers
pledge of Allegiance
Approval of Agenda
Approval of Minutes:
March 3, 2004
ORAL COMMUNICATIONS - PUBLIC COMMENT
- Recommendation to award a Construction Contract to Timothy J.
Ferrie, General Contractor for the Annual Citywide Concrete
Rehabilitation- Specification No. 03-04-03, in the amount of
$250,000; and to authorize the appropriation of $250,000 from Fund
16 to Account No. 40-319-6502-31.
Staff Report - Item 1
Attachment - Bid Results
- Adoption of Resolution No. 2004-873, endorsing the application
for the Department of Conservation's Beverage Container Recycling
and Litter Reduction Funds and designating the Public Works Director
to execute and deliver all documents necessary for the purposes of
Staff Report - Item 2
Resolution No. 2004-873
Funding Request Form
- Recommendation to appoint Councilmember Dennis Washburn as the
City's Representative to the North Santa Monica Bay Watershed Task
Force and designate the Public Works Director as an alternate
delegate, as provided for in Resolution No. 2004-862.
Staff Report - Item 3
Resolution No. 2004-862
- Recommendation to award construction contract to TDS
Engineering, Inc in the amount of $122,772.00, for the Traffic
Signalization Project on Park Ora and Valmar Road, Specification No.
Staff Report - Item 4
Attachment - Bid List
- Adoption of Ordinance No. 2004-190, amending Chapter 3.40 of the
Calabasas Municipal Code relating to the Purchasing System by
increasing the City Managerís purchasing authority to $25,000.
- Recommendation to approve a transfer in the amount of $200,000
from Calabasas Tennis and Swim Center (Fund 50) for the
reimbursement of monies paid by the General Fund Unappropriated
Reserve balance for landscaping purposes within Landscape
Maintenance District No. 22.
Staff Report - Item 6
- Recommendation to approve an amendment to a Joint Acquisition
Agreement with Mountains Recreation and Conservation Authority for
purchase of Calabasas Highlands Properties (APNís 2072-002-900,
2072-007-901, 2072-007-902, 2072-007-903, 2072-021-900,
2072-021-901, 2072-022-900, 2072-022-901, 2072-022-902).
Staff Report - Item 7
- Recommendation from Communications and Technology Commission to
extend Charterís Mulwood and Lost Hills Cable Franchises from May 1,
2004 to June 1, 2004.
Staff Report - Item 8
- Approval of the signage, lighting, and landscape plans for the
Volvo Auto Dealership as approved by Planning Commission Resolution
Staff Report - Item 9
- Approval of the conceptual design of the Las Virgenes Creek
Staff Report - Item 10
- Discussion regarding approaches to addressing rising rents in
the City of Calabasas.
Staff Report - Item 11
- Approval of funding for various wildlife and open space preserve
projects utilizing Mountains Recreation and Conservation Authority
escrowed mitigation funds from New Millennium Homes.
Staff Report - Item 12
- Report regarding the use of and procedures for General Plan
Staff Report - Item 13
- Report regarding 501C3 status for the Arts Council.
Staff Report - Item 14
- April 2004 Warrant Register.
TASK FORCE REPORTS
CITY MANAGERíS REPORT
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
Future Agenda Items Report